EPAWD - EL PASO ALL WHEEL DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is a Stage 2 or Stage whatever package?

5 posters

Go down

What is a Stage 2 or Stage whatever package? Empty What is a Stage 2 or Stage whatever package?

Post by community lurker Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:25 pm

Staged performance packages are SALES packages for specific companies. Company A's Stage 2 is Company B's Stage 3, so there is no such thing as a universal truth when it comes to Stages. Stages were designed as a sales package so someone does one stop shopping and they get a discount. Kind of like a #4 at McDonalds...everything for lunch + you save 30 cents.

GENERALLY SPEAKING, here is what the various stages are:

Stage 0 = engine management alone
Stage 1 = engine management alone
Stage 2 = turboback exhaust + engine management
Stage 2+ = stage 2 + a few other bolt ons
Stage 4 = small bolt on turbo + fueling + turboback exhaust + engine management
Stage 5 = anything above stage 4

While these are generalizations, DO NOT fall into the trap of labeling your car as a "Stage X" and expect people to magically know what you are talking about. Post specifics such as "I have a Cobb Stage 2" or "I have a TurboXS Stage 4", or better yet...forget stages and post 100% of your mods.

And for purchasing, stages are fine and dandy and easy. But, a careful shopper can get the same performance
community lurker
community lurker
AWD Noobie

Back to top Go down

What is a Stage 2 or Stage whatever package? Empty Re: What is a Stage 2 or Stage whatever package?

Post by LaRa PwR Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:12 pm

Does anyone have an opinion on this subject???
its something I'm always tripping on...  my friend claims he has his srt4 stage 2 ..but its slow as hell. its probably slower than stock.....cyclops  its not just my friend.. its other racers 2...

my WRX has intake ..full exhaust...and its tune... does it mean I'm "stage one"   or is it all just talk...     anyone?!
LaRa PwR
LaRa PwR
AWD Noobie

Back to top Go down

What is a Stage 2 or Stage whatever package? Empty Re: What is a Stage 2 or Stage whatever package?

Post by Chaz2.5 Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Stages vary by make and model. What Community Lurker posted is really only partially true. For WRX the standard stage 1 is a tune with all stock components. Stage 2 is Turboback (mainly downpipe) and a tune. You can throw an intake on and still consider it stage 2. After that it's all hearsay. Most people just say I'm stage 1 or Stage 2 as there is a standard setup. Anything after it's mainly I have this, this, and this done with this turbo. Some tuners like Eric Minehart have a Stage 3 package available which is his stage 2 but with upgraded fuel pump, spark plugs, and 3-port EBCS. Long story short, Stage 1 and 2 are pretty standard across the spectrum for WRX, LGT, STi. Anything after is whatever the Tuner or driver refer it as.
Chaz2.5
Chaz2.5
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post by LaRa PwR Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:47 pm

Suspect  I see... I thought there was more 2 it...

Need for Speed . Underground.. LOL
LaRa PwR
LaRa PwR
AWD Noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by cr4ckfi3nd Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:08 pm

The bottom line is that "stages" are a marketing tool the shops use to group their upgrade packages. For the most part, ppl that refer to their car in stages either dont really know what they have and what it does or are fairly new to the mod scene and haven't been explained what this is yet. You probably fall into the later and its nothing to be ashamed of. you learn by asking these questions....
cr4ckfi3nd
cr4ckfi3nd
AWD Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_b6 Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:50 am

i was tracking stage 2 was just the downpipe. when i got ahold of cobb for my over boost issues, they gave me that info as well as some on how to correct the issue. and i have been told (dont remember who it was) that stage 3 was fuel pump and rail.
mikey_b6
mikey_b6
AWD Enthusiast

https://www.facebook.com/mikey.blanchard.399

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz2.5 Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:34 am

According to Cobb and pretty much the WRX community Stage 2 is downpipe w/ or w/o CBE and a tune.  But after that it's basically what the tuner specifies.  Stage 3 to one tuner isn't the same stage 3 to another tuner. I mean according to Cobb, Stage 3 for the 02-05 WRX was a turbo upgrade along with fuel injectors + stage 2 mods. 06-07 was just a turbo upgrade.  Right now, I'm stage eleventeen!Laughing
Chaz2.5
Chaz2.5
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down