EPAWD - EL PASO ALL WHEEL DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge Accepted (WANTED's motor build)

5 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Challenge Accepted (WANTED's motor build) - Page 4 Empty Re: Challenge Accepted (WANTED's motor build)

Post by Chaz2.5 Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:19 pm

You know, you could be nice and pm the numbers to the inquiring minds. Just sayin
Chaz2.5
Chaz2.5
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Challenge Accepted (WANTED's motor build) - Page 4 Empty Re: Challenge Accepted (WANTED's motor build)

Post by WANTED Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:21 am

I could, but I want to apply the heat to Don and am going to extort some help.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz2.5 Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Gotcha. I'll whisper a sweet nothing in his ear Saturday morning to get on it.
Chaz2.5
Chaz2.5
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:46 pm

Don't forget to gently caress him while you do.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:08 pm

Still no rank update, so still not revealing the horsepower or performance.

I'll keep updating the technical piece though.
SO I got off the phone if T1 racing about my lower cushions. They actually revised which seals they're using over the very issue I'm having and recommend a mod to the injectors to make them fit. Pics of the difference soon.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:58 pm

So according to T1, the original seals that came with the early ID2000s had a bit of a sealing issue that I actually experienced. Under enough power and use, they would get soft and expand outwards creating a vacuum leak under boost. It was actually kind of baffling issue when it happened as it came out of nowhere. Had I not happened to look down at the injectors at the time, I would not have noticed the seals mushrooming out. Regardless, T1 switched to Denso Cushions that would not do this.

Here are my injectors.
Challenge Accepted (WANTED's motor build) - Page 4 DSCN0758_zpsef52cc8e

Here are the tools you'll need.
Challenge Accepted (WANTED's motor build) - Page 4 DSCN0761_zps6c504b77
Challenge Accepted (WANTED's motor build) - Page 4 DSCN0766_zps52ac0697

Here is the old cushion vs the new. The new one is significantly thicker.
Challenge Accepted (WANTED's motor build) - Page 4 DSCN0757_zps7661c5e5
Challenge Accepted (WANTED's motor build) - Page 4 DSCN0759_zpsf0361416

Now the new cushions will not fit without modification to the injectors. The modification is obviously permanent, but will not harm the function of the injector unless you absolutely monkey up the injectors. Here is what you're modifying.
Challenge Accepted (WANTED's motor build) - Page 4 DSCN0760_zps28036548

All you're doing is using the dikes to make a few cuts to the lip and then using the knife to CAREFULLY pry off the rest. That's it. Here's the finished product.
Challenge Accepted (WANTED's motor build) - Page 4 DSCN0765_zps8daf3980
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:21 am

Evo_Joe wrote:Wont be as high as mine... Or marios... Or jerry's... So who cares?

Just dicking with you... Let see that S*** already...
If any of you guys even daydream you might be faster than me, you'd better appoligize to the good lord Chuck Norris or else get smited by the pinky finger of the fist where his chin should be.Twisted Evil 

So now that my title is finally changed, I gUeSs I could go ahead and disclose my numbers.

I need to clarify couple of things though as there will be some confusion.
I never dyno'd my last setup on this particular dyno. Tuning was doen at Spec Ops Motorsports who uses the exact same dyno that Buschur uses. As with Buschur's, it reads notoriously low which is why it's earned the nickname "the heartbreaker".
My car is the second fastest evo they've had on their dyno to date. Their shop car beat me out. I'm also experiencing boost taper I certain I should not be experiencing. I attribute it to a combination of three issues. First, my injectors were causing a vacuum leak under boost, which I just fixed. Secondly, my wastegate may need more spring. Third, I'm wondering if my Grimmspeed BCS is truly up to the task or if I should switch back to the AVCR. I may add another wastegate spring, but I'm certain the general setup has more in it with no significant changes.
That all being said, on their dyno I made 635 whp and equal wtq. They tell me that on a dynojet I could expect a measurement of 7xx hp and tq. While I have no exact measure of gain(s), I can say for certainty that spoolup happens 900 rpm sooner as is peak boost compared to my previous setup. I'm also making a lot more tq sooner.

Now with all that being said, the car feels downright nasty. It does not compromise and has no middle ground. Twisted Evil I'm really liking this new setup over my last one, which is good. More to follow as I'm going to do another retune soon with my tweaks.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by evo my evo Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:39 am

Congrats
Man good numbers , can't wait to finish mine. I think Joes car would give you a run for ur money though. But we will never know
evo my evo
evo my evo
EPAWD Frequent Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Evo_Joe Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:50 am

Not bad... Bout the same as my last setup...

Enjoy the third gear tire smoke... Its a beautiful thing when you can make you car slide sideway by gunning it at 70mph...

Evo_Joe
AWD Noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz2.5 Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Awesome numbers man!
Chaz2.5
Chaz2.5
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:34 pm

Many cars could still give me a run for my money. But the hell if it isn't cool to continue to run with the big boys:cheers: 

Thanks for the support, guys. I have a few more surprises in store for this build to make things even more interesting.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by evo my evo Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:49 am

Vd? I will like to see the comparison
evo my evo
evo my evo
EPAWD Frequent Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:40 am

Never used it. I'm going to get a retune anyway somewhat soon and will see about getting a new graph. I still have my last graph from my last tuning session with my 2.3 to give some form of comparison, although on account of different dyno's and elevations it'll obviously be only a general reference.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by evo my evo Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:02 am

I noticed you have a plastic gasket between the head and intake manifold had you ever had any problems like melting it or cracking it?
evo my evo
evo my evo
EPAWD Frequent Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:45 am

Not at all. It's actually a composite but it works exactly as intended. I'm not running it right now because I need to enlarge the openings to match the head and manifold.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by evo my evo Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:04 pm

I would like some info if you don't mind, you're on e85 right? Your pistons are 10.5:1? How much boost?   And what's your red line?   Do you know your timing at peak boost and red line?
evo my evo
evo my evo
EPAWD Frequent Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Right now, 38 tapering to 33. I'm going to see if that changes next week with some small mods. Redline is 8k. I have no idea of timing yet but may crack into my map later. I need to make a backup anyway.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by evo my evo Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:21 pm

38psi on 10.5:1 Shocked  that's crazy!!
evo my evo
evo my evo
EPAWD Frequent Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:04 pm

38 is still rather conservative for this motor.  Once I get the boost taper issue sorted out, we'll see some serious S***.  Who knows, maybe we'll hit 88mph in the process lol!
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz2.5 Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:41 pm

Challenge Accepted (WANTED's motor build) - Page 4 3uiebk
Chaz2.5
Chaz2.5
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:46 am

Tuning session next weekend. Not sure I'll make a lot more than I have but I will get it all cleaned up and finalized. I put the finishing touches on my high boost vacuum leak.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Tuning tomorrow. Should be my last one and then this project is more or less done.

I just picked up my next project vehicle in addition to my truck. A w211 e55 AMG. Between the turbo diesel and the supercharged v8, I have plenty to keep me occupied for a while.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:03 am

So my instincts about what I needed to do to get the engine to make the power I thought it should were right on the money. Adding more wastegate springs and fixing the injector sealing issues made a HHHUUGGE difference. Best of all, much less boost spike/taper. Imagine that, right? lol

So, on first initial pull on only 26psi this time, 619 hp.
Unfortunately, I thing I'm rounding out something splined as the last few pulls we had wheel spin issues extra straps and lowering tire PSI just was not fixing. New final numbers were 671 whp uncorrected, 693 whp corrected, 788 hp dynojet at 39 psi.

The car still has more in it, but this is nothing to sneeze at by any means. I think the car really wants to and will break to 700whp on Spec ops Dyno. Chart to follow later.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:44 pm

Challenge Accepted (WANTED's motor build) - Page 4 DSCN0796_zpse79b318a
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:00 pm

And now that one project is just about wrapped up, on to the next.

Challenge Accepted (WANTED's motor build) - Page 4 DSCN0797_zpscac3f822
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum