EPAWD - EL PASO ALL WHEEL DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sti killer question

2 posters

Go down

sti killer question Empty sti killer question

Post by evo my evo Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:08 pm

This is mostly for wanted but if anybody else knows let me know..

Will 1000cc injectors low z will be enough to handle an fp red at 25 psi all the way to red line on e85??

There is a sweet deal on a set of 1000. I known it will be more than enough on 91 but not sure e85

Hoping to make 450-500 on e85 stock block.

Mods , fp red 25psi wg/intercooler pipes 2.5/stock intercooler/hks intake with Perrin air filter/Map long runners exhaust manifold/274 s2 cams/maperfomanse beehive springs/ welbro 255... Im going to try to tune it my self
evo my evo
evo my evo
EPAWD Frequent Flyer

Back to top Go down

sti killer question Empty Re: sti killer question

Post by WANTED Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:03 pm

Anyone is welcome to chime in, this is how I personally would approach this and is not necessarily the only way of accomplishing his goals.

http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

Above is a handy tool for estimating injector sizing. A couple of factors at play that I'm taking into account. 1st, I'm using a maximum duty cycle of 80% on the injectors. I do this to give the injectors room for error. Some people will tell you that depending on injectors, you can run 90%+ duty cycle. So long as the car is a dedicated track car, I agree with that, but absolutely not for a DD.

Secondly, you need to figure approximately 30% more fuel vs 91oct. I take that into account and add that to the size of the injector to give plenty of wiggle room.

Saying all that, 450 bhp is achievable on 1000s, 500 is really skirting it. I say this under the condition that you are using stock fuel pressure. A way to give yourself a little more room for error is to raise your fuel pressure from 43.5 psi to 50 psi should you add an adjustable FPR to your setup. Otherwise, I say go a little bigger on the injectors.
Not the worst as far as mods go. I do ask though, are you going to swap your fuel rail as well? I ask this because for the power you're looking for, you're skirting this becoming a limiting factor in fuel delivery. Additionally, you may want to consider at some point another fuel pump. The 255hp walboro can handle your hp goal, but you are skirting it a bit too. A 340 or 400 fuel pump, especially now that they are viable drop in options, would not be working as hard as the 255.

You ever tune before or know anyone who has?

WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:04 pm

BTW, I'm talking crank horsepower. For WHP, you'll definitely need bigger.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by evo my evo Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Dam it wanted that's not what I wanted to hear but you are right. Have to start saving for a welbro 450 lph and some 1250. Now low Z or high z?

And I will love to hit 500hp but 450hp sounds safer. I'll try to keep the tq around 420
evo my evo
evo my evo
EPAWD Frequent Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Sorry, I tend to be a little more liberal in how I go about these things. The guys who push parts to the cuff are also guys who can afford to break S*** and generally have a couple of cars on tap. So I use the word liberal in the sense that I like to have a little more room for error.

As far as low or high impedence, I find myself on the fence. For the larger injectors, I would say high as they seems to do better in the low RPM drivability/tunability. From personal experience, Bosch 1600cc injectors would dump fuel at idle and low RPM causing a slight bog and having to have the car set to idle a lot higher. I really like FICs and ID for my injectors.

As to keeping the TQ low, that seems to be what a lot of the tuners are doing to make as big of power on the stock bottom end as they are. In about the HP territory you're looking to go, be aware that is about the territory where longevity goes down for a great many.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by evo my evo Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Thank you for your input, Well I'll try to have fun with the stock block if it goes boom 2.4 will be next but nowhere near your built
evo my evo
evo my evo
EPAWD Frequent Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Well damn it all, I'll just have to keep on messing with twin turbo 6's, supercharged 8's, and twin turbo v12's to keep up my spirits.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:54 am

This may or may not help, but Kidloco is selling a new DW 300 fuel pump on evom. If that's something that interests you, drop him a pm on there.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by evo my evo Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:29 am

I ended up buying fic 1250 low z and a welbro 450. I actually just finish installing them yesterday. Would you happen to know how to scale them and get the latency?
evo my evo
evo my evo
EPAWD Frequent Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:10 am

Not without playing around for a good while. I've yet to really sit down and play with ECUflash. If it was a stand alone, I could probably figure it out (of course, they have a lot of built in help to make it easier).
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by evo my evo Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:45 am

I'm getting the hang of it. Practically the higher the fuel scaling the leaner it would run, and the higher the latency the richer it will run depending on what voltage you move.
evo my evo
evo my evo
EPAWD Frequent Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down