EPAWD - EL PASO ALL WHEEL DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Post Up Your Weapons Thread!!

4 posters

Go down

Official Post Up Your Weapons Thread!! Empty Official Post Up Your Weapons Thread!!

Post by OldSchoolAce08 Tue May 15, 2012 2:10 am

Every forum has a gun thread, so EPAWD should too! I figure most of you guys are military anyway so this should be good!

I'll start. I'm 19 and have 3 guns. 2 are with my dad in Florida, and one is here with me in LC, nearby so I can sleep safe and sound. I have no pics of the other 2 since my old phone was destroyed but back with my dad I have a Ruger 10/22 with a folding synthetic stock and some banana clips, and a Romanian AK-47 with the folding paratrooper stock. I just got the AK for graduation last December and I haven't gotten to shoot it yet but when I got to Florida in a few weeks I'm gonna have fun Twisted Evil

Then I have my baby, my Mini-14. I LOVE this gun and I knew I wanted it to be the first gun I kept to myself (since I had just turned 18).

Official Post Up Your Weapons Thread!! Mymini

Just ordered this today, it's a Levang Muzzle Brake

Official Post Up Your Weapons Thread!! 524840

I'm taking the Mini to a local Gunsmith tomorrow to have the barrel shortened, recrowned, and threaded. With the older Mini-14's the barrels suffer from some sort of vibration through the barrel when a shot is fired causing the bullet to be notoriously inaccurate on Mini's, and a shorter barrel can help keep the "flexing" of the barrel to a minimum (who woulda thought shortening a barrel would make it more accurate haha!). This in addition of a weight (the muzzle break) and a strut (such as the Accu-strut or Mo-rod) can greatly accurize the Mini. So after I get all Gunsmithing work done, I'm ordering the Soccom version of the Accu-strut for the shortened barrel from: http://www.accu-strut.com/index.html

So yeah, post your guns and gun builds/accessories!
OldSchoolAce08
OldSchoolAce08
AWD Rookie

Back to top Go down

Official Post Up Your Weapons Thread!! Empty Re: Official Post Up Your Weapons Thread!!

Post by WANTED Tue May 15, 2012 7:46 am

As we speak, I have one of these on the way
http://black-star-tactical.com/NFAM4.html
It's my next "project"
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Official Post Up Your Weapons Thread!! Empty Re: Official Post Up Your Weapons Thread!!

Post by OldSchoolAce08 Tue May 15, 2012 3:48 pm

WANTED wrote:As we speak, I have one of these on the way
http://black-star-tactical.com/NFAM4.html
It's my next "project"
Kick ass! Not a bad price at all!
OldSchoolAce08
OldSchoolAce08
AWD Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Tue May 15, 2012 5:39 pm

No sir. And I most definitely have plans for it. Slide fire is in my near future.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by OldSchoolAce08 Thu May 17, 2012 4:33 am

WANTED wrote:No sir. And I most definitely have plans for it. Slide fire is in my near future.
:bowdown: What else do you have in the arsenal? My dad did 23 years in the Army so he is infatuated with the AR/M4 chassis. I think he has a Colt(?) AR with the slide fire, along with many other mods.

So I was bored today and picked up some digi-camo Duck Tape. Wrapped my magazines and they came out pretty tits. Tomorrow I'm sanding down the stock, and painting it Olive Green. I think it will look awesome, especially when I get my muzzle brake and Accu-Strut on with the shortened barrel. Too bad when I got the stock it was already messed up, I love the wood stock on Mini-14's because they look classic. Oh well, I think with flat Olive Green and the digi-camo mags it will look pretty cool.

Here's a pic of one in Olive Green, well it's an M14 but it's basically the same thing Very Happy

Official Post Up Your Weapons Thread!! 110949_4
OldSchoolAce08
OldSchoolAce08
AWD Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Mon May 21, 2012 9:27 pm

At present, a full size USP 40.

Future purchase is a KelTec KSG bullpup shotgun, and possibly a Dragonov or a Kate of my own.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by OldSchoolAce08 Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Just got this today:

Official Post Up Your Weapons Thread!! Mossbergz

Mossberg 500 Persuader on sale at Big 5. $100 off, I got it for $322 with tax out the door.
OldSchoolAce08
OldSchoolAce08
AWD Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Here's the new one
Official Post Up Your Weapons Thread!! IMG_0414

And oh by the way, I have a Kel Tec KSG on the way as we speak. Yet another expensive hobby for me Razz
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Look what showed up Thursday.

Official Post Up Your Weapons Thread!! IMG_0429
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by alloutEVO Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:15 am

1953 romanian TTC (TT33) 7.62x25 tokarev

Official Post Up Your Weapons Thread!! Dsc01510r
alloutEVO
alloutEVO
EPAWD Frequent Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Operate_ Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:44 pm

WANTED,

How many rounds have you put through your KSG? Any complaints? I would like to pick one up in the near future, I have held one and racked it a few times its just has a perfect feel.

I have read some reviews and seen some videos of people having problems ejection problems, but I've been lead to believe they werent using very much authority when chambering another round.
Operate_
Operate_
AWD Noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by WANTED Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:50 pm

Sorry for the delayed response, Operate.
I've put about 400+ rounds through it. I've only had two issues with it so far, both of which were easily solved.
I did have a double feed scenario as you described that most people complain about early on, and it was because I was not racking it like a man. Once you get used to it, you're golden.

Only other issue I had was with some old rounds I had an issue where it would not rack to eject a spent round. It was only that particular batch of ammo that did it, as I later had an opportunity to try a lot of different brands, types, and sizes of ammo and could not replicate the issue again.

Overall, I love it.
WANTED
WANTED
Forum Outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Operate_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Sweet, That's kind of what I figured. Its a solid tactical shotgun that I will get in the future. Thanks for the response.
Operate_
Operate_
AWD Noobie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down