EPAWD - EL PASO ALL WHEEL DRIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car battery problems, Vatozone (autozone) says alternator

4 posters

Go down

Car battery problems, Vatozone (autozone) says alternator Empty Car battery problems, Vatozone (autozone) says alternator

Post by Tx_Cat Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:34 am

Ok, so went out of town to go visit my brother and when I came back battery was dead. My dad took the car to Vatozone and they told them that the alternator was reving at low rpms (or something like that). They are charging the battery as we speak (6 hr slow charge). Also, they quoted 225 for a car battery, really?

What do you guys recommend? Or what should I do?
Tx_Cat
Tx_Cat
AWD Regular

Back to top Go down

Car battery problems, Vatozone (autozone) says alternator Empty Re: Car battery problems, Vatozone (autozone) says alternator

Post by meanjoaquin Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:37 pm

What kind of car? $225 for an Optima battery sounds right, but most (decent) batteries will run you about $80-100. If the battery takes the charge and tests good, then it's probably the alternator. They're easy to swap out.
meanjoaquin
meanjoaquin
EPAWD Frequent Flyer

Back to top Go down

Car battery problems, Vatozone (autozone) says alternator Empty Re: Car battery problems, Vatozone (autozone) says alternator

Post by STi2eNvy Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Yeah shouldnt be $225. I have an optima battery that was $200 but it has lasted me years with no issues ever. Good investment
STi2eNvy
STi2eNvy
Community Founder =)

https://epawd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tx_Cat Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Battery came out good. Should I check the alternator? I am pretty sure I drained the battery because I left the overhead light on.. lol

Tx_Cat
Tx_Cat
AWD Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by meanjoaquin Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:22 pm

If you left a light on all night its very likely that drained it. Drive around, and if it happens again then you know it's not charging
meanjoaquin
meanjoaquin
EPAWD Frequent Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post by gto30us Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:27 pm

You can check your alternator with a volt meter to see if its output is right should read between 12-13 volts

gto30us
EPAWD Frequent Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down